Saturday, January 23, 2010

Eat from the Pantry Challenge - Week 3



Week 3 results:

Last week's challenge was to spend $25 or less. And even with all that I got from Kroger I was able to stay under $19!

Monday - BBQ sandwiches & baked beans
Tuesday - Baked potatoes with chili & cheese (we never got to it last week)
Wednesday - Birthday dinner with my Dad
Thursday - Potato soup
Friday - Chicken tenders, cheese sticks, mac & cheese (emptying a couple 1/2 full bags in the freezer)
Saturday - Dinner out


I'm keeping my grocery budget at $25 for my final week. I plan on hitting Kroger's Mega Sale a couple of times to stock up on some much needed items. Also, I am challenging myself to organize my stockpile and make a pantry list because I didn't do this at the beginning of the challenge.

I honestly cannot believe how easy this challenge has been. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I've been able to continue to stockpile within my weekly budgets so my shelves and freezers are still brimming with stuff.

Having said that, I think that I will continue this challenge for another month on my own just so I can make room in my freezer. :)

How did you do this week?

No comments: