Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Eating from the Pantry: Slow Cooker Lasagna

Sunday my husband & I worked outside all. day. long. And I knew after working for that long that I wouldn't want to mess with dinner so turned to Pinterest and checked the slow cooker recipes I had pinned, deciding on Slow Cooker Lasagna.

I've never made lasagna, or any pasta, in my slow cooker before but it turned out SO good! I was amazed at how easy it was to put together and clean up. This recipe can easily be changed to suit your tastes - use Italian sausage instead of hamburger, or add some additional veggies - whatever you like!

picnikfile_hl52mr Slow Cooker Lasagna (adapted from this recipe)

1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
16 oz cottage cheese
8 oz lasagna noodles
1/2 cup water (I add it to my empty spaghetti jar just to get every bit out of it!)


Cook ground beef and onion until done. (Or if you are like me, just pull a bag of already cooked hamburger from the freezer.) Add your favorite spaghetti sauce.   Mix the 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese with the cottage cheese.

Coat the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray. Add 1/4 of the sauce to the bottom, layer 1/3 of the noodles, then 1/3 of the cheese mixture. Repeat twice for a total of 3 layers & add the final layer of sauce.  Pour the 1/2 water over the top. Cook on low for about 4 hours adding the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella during the last 5 minutes.

Enjoy!

Brandy

No comments: