Monday, January 14, 2013

Eating From The Pantry: Easy Taco Soup


This soup is perfect for a weeknight meal because it is SO easy and tasty!  It only takes a few minutes to put together, is full of flavor and can be customized for your family.  I like to top ours with cheese & sour cream but the options are endless.


Easy Taco Soup (adapted from this recipe)

1 (14oz) can Rotel
1 (15oz) can corn, undrained
1 (15oz) can black, kidney OR pinto beans (I used pinto since that is what I had)
1 (15oz) can chili
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
1 packet taco seasoning
1/4-3/4 cup water
1/2-1 lb cooked hamburger (optional; leave it out for a meatless meal!)

Combine all the ingredients. (Add enough water to suit you - I like my soup on the thicker side!) Simmer for 25-30 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.

This recipe is also great for the slow cooker. Just mix all the ingredients and let it cook on low for 4 hours.
Brandy

No comments: