Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Food Lion - 12/31/08-1/6/09



Savings this week: 65%

Best Buys of the week:

Dozen large eggs ~ $1.79-$1.00 (FLIP) = .79
FL Family Tea bags ~ $1.57-$1.00 (FLIP) = .57
3- 2 liter Ginger Ales ~ $3.57-$2.58 (FLIP) = .99 *FLIP is buy 1 get 2 free but $2.58 is deducted automatically*
1- 2 liter 7Up ~ $1.19-$1.00 (FLIP) = .19 *FLIP is free 7Up with purchase of Canada Dry but $1.00 is deducted automatically. By combining both FLIPS, I'm able to buy one 2 liter and get 3 FREE.*
2- Hillshire Farms smoked sausage ~ $1.48 (markdown)
2- Reese's whipped candy bars ~ B1G1F @ .89-$1.00 (insert) = FREE
2- Green Giant frozen veggies ~ $1.00-$1.00 (FLIP) & .50 (IP) = FREE

What's a FLIP?
Food Lion Internet Printable

Sign up HERE to get the Shopper's Companion emailed to you each Wednesday. Within the email is a link to FL store coupons. They change every week and normally don't expire for 2 weeks from the release date.

You can only use one per transaction but since they don't expire I will print more than one page and then just make several trips if the deal is a really good one. (I pass a FL going to work so it's not out of my way.)

By using FLIPS I've managed to get free brown sugar, powdered sugar, Fresh Express salad, Idahoan potatoes, canned veggies, baby bottles, baby wipes, 7Up, ginger ale, etc. and really cheap 5 lb. bags of sugar, eggs, cake mix, frosting, 12 pk sodas, cereal, etc. Since they are Store coupons most stores allow you to combine them with manufacturers coupons although I suggest you check with your local store's policies.

1 comment:

Denise Grover Swank said...

Girl, I don't know if I've ever even been in a Food Lion, and I sure don't know if they have them here, but you're darn tootin' that I'm going to go check right now!

Seriously though, about 2 weeks ago I found out I'm losing about $1000 per month in income (an investment so I pretty much saw it coming)so I'm trying to figure out how to save money anyway I can now. Its either that or go back to work. Yikes-- I can work hard but it would be a nightmare with all these little ones.

PS> I'll follow you anywhere. Even here.