Sunday, January 18, 2009

Kroger 1/11-1/17

I know I've been a slacker when it comes to posting, but until Saturday I had not done much shopping this week. I was on a freezer "freeze" because both were full last week. I did my best to use items from the freezer in order to make more room and rotate what I already have on hand.

By doing this I ended up with a few inches of open space and actually used items that I had on hand for dinner. It was nice to able to go straight home but I missed being able to get those deals.

Yesterday we went to Kroger and picked up a few of the 10/$10 items that were on sale. My plan was to only get those items that are at their cheapest during the sale such as salsa, turkey sausage, bagged salad, etc. My shopping trip didn't go as planned because I had S with me. Lesson learned - DO NOT take hungry husband shopping with you!

In all I saved 48%; not my best shopping but I managed to stock up on some needed items.

No comments: