Sunday, January 18, 2009

Kroger 1/18-1/24


I went back to Kroger today to take advantage of their Mega Sale. When you buy 10 participating items $5.00 is deducted from your total at the register. Most (if not all) of the items are already on sale and then with an additional .50 deducted from each one it makes for an excellent deal.

I had coupons for several of the participating items making them very cheap or free:

.50 off French's Mustard + MS = FREE
.30 off Rotel + MS = .23 overage
.55 off 2 Hormel chili + MS = .45/2
.50 off Frank's hot sauce + MS = FREE
.75 off Kraft 2% cheese + MS = .74
1.00 off Nabisco crackers + MS = .70

Then I found Nestle chocolate swirl chips clearance priced at .99 so I got two packages FREE with .50 coupons. Also on clearance were a package of napkins marked down to .89 minus a Cellfire coupon of .75 & my discount of .09 made them .5!!

I saved 68% this trip because I went alone...and I went with a plan. I even bought a handful of items not included in the sale that we needed (carrots, celery, bananas, apples, sliced provolone, salad dressing).

Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture before putting my groceries away. I need to get better about doing this!

For more details and match ups check out Stretching a Buck. Marcy always has the best information when it comes to Kroger, but she covers several stores so take a look around while you are there!

Again be sure to check out your local ad to be sure the prices are the same in your area. If you have any questions please leave me a comment and I'll be happy to help!

No comments: